Popular Post
Recent Post

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Supermarket Fashion

I've noticed a worrying trend in my family! Every time we go to the supermarket my children decide to dress for the occasion. Now this is not because it is the most exciting outing of the week, at least I hope it isn't. I didn't even notice it at first - it kind of crept up on me. This morning I realised that I had a full-blown problem on my hands.
I really shouldn't blame Emma as she is rarely the instigator - it is all about Ben!

It started innocently enough with Emma wearing her new fairy skirt to the supermarket a couple of years ago. I could handle this as it was only once or twice and she has never shown the inclination since. Now Mr Benjamin is a different story. A month or so ago Ben took to wearing his padded Spiderman suit everyday. I was horrified but realised it was the only way I could get him into something warm. The suit stayed and I tried to pretend he was someone else's child. Then came the Power Ranges faze where he added a sword to the Spiderman suit and karate kicked his way down the isles!


Last week was the highlight....James picked me up from work and we decided to do the family shopping experience. All good I thought. As Ben alighted from the car I realised my mistake. He was wearing a skivvy, a WETSUIT (short arm, short leg) and boots!!! Not only this but he had his boogie board that luckily he was content to leave in the car. If you have seen my son you will know that he has legs like pencils so the whole ensemble looked hysterical.
Emma and I did the only thing we could do - we ditched them!

This morning as I herded them into the car to hit Coles I realised they both were wearing their super hero capes! So if you were in Coles, Yarraville this morning and Buzz Lightyear and the Hi5 super hero passed you by - that was us!

No comments:

Post a Comment