Popular Post
Recent Post

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rory's Reading List


One of the main reasons that Gilmore Girls became my 'favourite show of all time' was the fact that literature and the love of reading played such a big part in the show. As a teen I was always teased for having my nose in a book (thanks Alex) and it was great to see a character like Rory also get off on reading.

Last year I decided to follow Rory's reading list and read some of the books she had read that I hadn't already. I started with Kafka's Metamorphosis and Proust's Swann's Way. Heavy but satisfying.


It turns out that I am not the only one with this idea. There is a website dedicated to Rory's reading list and a fan has now started a Twitter which documents her journey through the list.

Next up for me is Melville's Moby Dick - Season 1, episode 1! Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment