Popular Post
Recent Post

Friday, February 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home Altered Canvas




Lori's project for today is completely adorable. Since it's a little different than usual, we thought we would let her explain her process.


"When I was lucky enough to receive my goodies for SEI I immediately fell in love with the Corinne Collection!! The colors were so pretty and I just loved all of the elements on the sticker sheet... I was so excited to sit down and create with it!! Recently I have been following and falling in love with all things mixed media. I have been participating in some classes (with a few coming up) and this has really taken me away from my normal style of scrapbooking and I've learned to have fun and just create. I have had these cute 6" x 12" canvases in my collection for awhile now and when it came to this months assignments - I just couldn't wait to play and experiment!!"


"Here in Canada we got a little sneak peak of spring last week and with more snow and storms in the forecast I needed to surround myself with bright colors and reassure myself that spring is indeed on its way! With that I started playing - and I came up with a cute little canvas that incorporates most of the the Corinne Stickers, Borders and I snuck in a tag from the Romance Collection for my cute pink house!!"


"I started with applying the 'With all my Heart' Paper with Mod Podge to the canvas and then went over it slightly with some blue paint. I used bubble wrap and some sponges to give it some depth and texture. I then placed various borders on the canvas for my sky and grass and started placing some of the adorable Corrine Stickers all around. I am in love with the clouds...they are my favorite! The cute little hearts I used as flower centers and when everything was dry used a regular black pen to doodle in my flowers. I typed out one of my favorite quotes my computer and applied it with mod podge as well (all elements are applied this way even the stickers). To finish it off I went back in with some yellow paint to add some sunshine by applying it with some simple bubble wrap to add just a touch of sun!"


"This sure was a fun project for me.... it was just the touch of spring I was looking for and I smile when I see it hanging in my scraproom."

No comments:

Post a Comment