Popular Post
Recent Post

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Magazines, if you please...

There are days when I have this burst of energy and enthusiam to make a card or create a layout, so I head to my craft room, get ready with my scissors, cutter and papers, ready to do something, when my mind suddenly draws a complete blank! In the end, I'll just be staring at my supplies, not knowing what to do or where to start - it can be so frustrating sometimes.

And that is where I turn to my magazines, my main source of inspiration.


This one above - Country Living UK Edition - is my favourite, amongst all the favourites. :) I've been faithfully buying this magazine since 2005, and each month's issue has never disappointed me. It's a home decor magazine and it's always loaded with the most beautiful photos I have ever seen.




I recently made a Christmas card using the Winter Song collection,


and my inspiration for that card came from this (2-page) image above. I love the christmas colors of red, white and blue, splattered all over these 2 pages, giving them a wintry and homely feel - and the Winter Song collection was perfect as it had all these colors in it!

The colors, photos of the beautiful british scenery and other features of the magazine always leave me with some inspiration to scrap a layout, make a card or even sew a quilt. Totally love this magazine!!

And there you have it! Thank goodness for great magazines like these, isn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment