Popular Post
Recent Post

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tutorial Anyone?


I always have loads of fun altering photo frames, especially the inexpensive wooden ones from Ikea. This frame that I had in mind is for a good friend - Karen, so I thought I'd make a simple frame with just the letter "K" and no photos on it.

The supplies I used for this frame aren't many:

a) The Ikea frame,
b) 3 sheets of SEI papers from the Oasis collection,
c) epoxy stickers from SEI,
d) glimmer mist from Tattered Angels,
e) chipboard "K" from Maya Road,
f) stickles from Ranger and
g) foam dots.

1) First, I covered the outer frame and the background with patterned papers. Then I sprayed glimmer mist onto the K chipboard and let it dry. I chose the color green to match the patterned papers.


2) Once the K was dry, I added faux stitching (using a black pen) to give the letter more emphasis as I thought it looked a bit bland. Then I set aside the letter as I wanted to embellish the background first before adhering the letter.


3) I cut out the circle motifs and used them to embellish the background. Once I was satisfied with the placement of the circles, I adhered the "K" in the centre of the background.



4) I decided to embellish the upper left corner, and the lower right corner of the frame, to give the frame added interest, so I cut out some more circles, and leaves from another Oasis patterned paper. I layered the placement of these circles and leaves - gave them a bit of dimension with foam dots and epoxy stickers and adhered all onto the frame.

5) After everything was done, I added a small butterfly, which I cut out from the paper, and adhered it onto the letter K, and also added glitter glue (stickles) onto all the circles and butterfly for some bling, and my frame was done!


I hope you will give this project a try as it's really easy to do and you don't have to use too many supplies to make on. Just use papers from one collection as you will be rest assured that everything will match, add a few other things like maybe a chipboard image or some flowers onto the sides of the frame, and you're done!

Thanks so much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment